Special Issue of the Journal “Globalizations” Focuses on Academic Freedoms in Turkey
The academic journal “Globalizations” has published a special issue on the subject of “Academic Freedom in Turkey”. The articles in the issue provide a wide panorama of the situation of academic freedom in Turkey, elaborating on the critical role of the universities, the educational policy of the Turkish Government and possible strategies about regaining the academic freedoms.
You can acces the relevant articles from the links below:
- Umut Özkırımlı – How to Liquidate a People? Academic Freedom in Turkey and Beyond – http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14747731.2017.1325171
- Judith Butler – Academic Freedom and the Critical Task of the University – http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14747731.2017.1325168
- Jınathan R. Cole – Academic Freedom as an Indicator of a Liberal Democracy – http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14747731.2017.1325169
- Deniz Kandiyoti & Zühre Emanet – Education as Battleground: The Capture of Minds in Turkey – http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14747731.2017.1325170
- Nilüfer Göle – Undesirable Public Intellectuals – http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14747731.2017.1362178
NOTE: The mentioned issue is OPEN ACCESS.